What is the process ? Initial contact to happy client.
When the initial contact is made from a perspective client, they usually ask how the process works to get outdoor lighting. This is Red Oak Design’s process.
- During initial contact, we ask questions to determine what they are looking to have done and how we may be able to help.
- Set up an appointment to meet at their residence.
- Before we meet, an email questionnaire is sent that has questions concerning what they want to achieve with outdoor lighting.
- We meet to discuss the proposed project, go over the questionnaire, quote the design fee if applicable and discuss service options.
- Design the lighting system and prepare the proposal. Include images of projects that would have similar lighting effects. Have samples to show the quality of the fixtures you are proposing, not the cheap box store fixtures.
- Present the design and proposal with the applicable sample images and fixtures. Determine if everyone is on the same page or if revisions are needed.
- When accepted ( be positive) receive a deposit, schedule an installation date and discuss service options.
- Install the lighting system. Stay in touch through the installation process to see if there are any questions or concerns.
- After the installation is completed, schedule a walk through with the client. If everything looks as great as it should, present the invoice, as/built and schedule the first maintenance service.
- Do not forget the client after the check clears. This is where customer services stands out. Check in after 1 month, 6 months & 1 year to make sure they are happy and the lighting system is working properly. With happy clients, you usually receive great referrals so keep in touch.